Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mohican Adventure

I meant to have this done last week but somehow my first attempt at a blog is taking more time than I thought.

I was going to write about the "just completed" Mohican 100. But since it was almost two weeks ago I will say this much. Congratulations to everyone that toed the line regardless of distance and if and how fast you finished. To see so many friends and fellow runners made it worth the trip regardless of the outcome

I was fortunate enough to avoid any major "trailments" to finish in a respectable time of 26hrs57min59sec. I was told appx. 160 people started the 100 miler and of the 98 finishers I was 34th. I owe that finish to my pacer and friend Segev Phillips. Thank you Segev. Your companionship, encouragement, and guidance were priceless.
Worth the Effort!



I do want to wish everyone running, pacing or crewing at Western States this weekend the best of luck.
It looks like NE Ohio is going to be well represented. Safe travels everyone!!!
As I get more comfortable writing about my trials and tribulations on the trails I will be a little more consistent in my reporting of events regarding the NE Ohio trail running community.

Run Happy & Run Hard...........Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment